Welcome to the official website of the Consulate General of the Republic of Liberia in New York. Its jurisdiction covers the Americas and Canada
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC:
As part of the Liberian Government precautionary measures to the growing concerns related to the Corona Virus (COVID-19) Global Pandemic, the Consulate General of the Republic of Liberia in New York will be closed to the public as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice.
ALL CONSULAR SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED BY MAIL ONLY.
For questions or emergencies including Liberian Passports, please send email to email@example.com with your name and contact details and we will contact you in the order it was received.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Stay Safe Everyone. Thank You
Public Health Protocols at Liberian Airports in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak
1. Mandatory hand washing for everyone accessing the terminal facilities;
2. Arriving (Inbound) Passengers are to undergo temperature checks and secondary screening where applicable;
3. Departing (Outbound) Passengers are to undergo screening before boarding;
4. Airport employees and others working within the terminal are required to use protective medical equipment;
The traveling public and clients are urged to comply with these protocols.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Liberia in New York continues to perform its usual duties as Foreign Mission of the Republic of Liberia responsible for offering, in accordance with the local laws and with international laws, certain public services in its area of jurisdiction. These services offered include the promotion of the interest of Liberia and seeking the well-being of its nationals in the receiving state, the development of Liberia’s Economic, Commercial and Cultural relations, as well as Trade Promotion within these areas.
We offer the following Services
• Laissez Passer (Travel Document)
• Birth Affidavit
• Legalization of Documents
• To ship human remains to Liberia
• Pet Clearance
• Death Certificates
• Change of Name
• ECOWAS Visas