NEW VISA FEES FOR UNITED STATES CITIZENS
By directive of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Liberia, The Consulate General of the Republic of Liberia in New York wishes to inform of the Visa Fees Adjustments for United States Citizens traveling to Liberia. Starting from June 1, 2018, visa fees for US Citizens travelling with Tourist or Business visas for a period of One Year (1 Year) will be adjusted to the amount of $160.00 US dollars.
The Visa Fees for all other nationalities will remain the same.
Attention all applicants: you must make an appointment before coming to the office VIA e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (We will respond upon receiving your e-mail to confirm appointment) or by calling 1-212-687-1025 from 1:00PM to 2:30pm, Monday to Friday ONLY.
Application for Visa
Requirements To Be Presented:
1. One (1) valid passport with at least (6) months validity and above when applying for visa.
2. Two (2) recent color passport size photos (must be taken in front of plain white background, please remove all glasses, hats, winter apparels,, no sleeveless clothing)
3. Copy of Round trip Airline ticket or itinerary.
4. Processing FEES: Please See Chart Below.
Payable in Money Order ONLY Payable to Liberia Consulate
Note: Applicants outside the United States need to purchase Money Order from an American- affiliated Bank.
-Same day processing fees for documents will be an additional Seventy Five U.S Dollars ($75) each. (ALL same day applications must be dropped off before 12 pm for pick up between the hours of 2-3pm)
-Next day (or less than 5 days) processing fees for documents will be an additional Fifty U.S Dollars ($50) each.
5. A Complete Visa Application Form.
6. Yellow Fever Vaccination record is REQUIRED. (Yellow Book)
7. (For Business Visa Only) Any person(s) traveling for business (Business Visas are for those people who are doing business, working with NGO’s, Churches, Internships and other related category as long as they are doing some work (paid or unpaid as volunteers) must present a letter assuming financial responsibility from the company or organization. For all other Visas (Non-Tourist Visas), applicants need an invitation letter stating who you are visiting, and purpose for trip.
8. There is a waiting period of 5 working days for visa processing. NOTE:The fees are as follows: (1) Same Day Processing an additional $75.00 per document (Must submit in the morning before 12pm and please take note that pickup will be between 2-3pm of the same day. If you submit after 12pm, pick up will be the next day), (2) Next Day Processing or less than 5 days an additional $50.00 per document.
b. Applicants are advised to apply within 3 weeks of their travel date.
c. Applicants need not apply in person.
d. If processing a Visa on behalf of an applicant, a signed authorization letter from the applicant stating name of person permitted to drop off/ pick up must be presented upon applying for the Visa.
Applicant who resides with in the United States of America and US territory must send/use a United States Postal Service (USPS) self-stamped addressed envelope (PRIORITY EXPRESS MAIL-) together with ALL requirements in order to ensure the return of the processed document(s).
All other countries including CANADA must use Pre-paid FEDEX service for us to use to return processed document(s).
VISA FEES: PAYABLE IN MONEY ORDER ONLY
For Canadian citizens, please be advised that we do not accept Canadian postal money orders.
|Visa – US Citizen||1-3 months Single||160.00|
|Visa – US Citizen||1 year Multiple||160.00|
|Visa – ECOWAS Citizen||Discretionary||Gratis|
|Visa – Other countries||1- 3 months||70.00|
|Visa – Other countries||1 Year Multiple||150.00|
|Visa – Other countries||2 Years Multiple||250.00|
|Same-Day Rush service||n/a||75.00|
|Next Day Rush Service||n/a||50.00|
Additional requirements for Minor (17 Yrs. Old and below)
a. Original Copy of Birth Certificate
b. Copy of Vaccination records
c. Notarized letter from both parents requesting for the issuance of visa. (Both parents must sign) If only one parent/guardian is traveling with minor, explain in the letter. If parent has full custody, attach copy of custody papers. If parents are not traveling with minor, state in letter who will be responsible for the minor and provide copy of valid passport/travel document
D. Each parent must provide notarized letter in the event that one parent has traveled during the time of processing. If one parent has full custody, kindly attach original custody documents and provide original notarized letter.
E. If one parent is represented on the birth certificate, that parent must provide an original notarized letter requesting the issuance of visa.
Please note: The forms in this section require Adobe Reader. If you do not have it you may download it for free at Adobe.com.