New Liberian ECOWAS Biometric E-Passports
1. How can I acquire the new Liberian ECOWAS Biometric E-Passport:
To apply, pay and book an appointment for the new Liberian ECOWAS Biometric e-passport, please visit: http://www.liberiapassports.com/ and follow ALL of the steps.
2. If I have questions/inquiries what should I do?
3. Where can I come to do my fingerprinting and picture?
There are two centers of choice:
a. The Consulate of Liberia located at 228 East 45th Street, Suite 602, New York, NY, 10017
b. The Embassy of the Republic of Liberia located at:
5201 16th Street N.W.
Washington D.C. 20011
Main Phone Line: (202) 723-0437
Fax: (202) 723-0436
4. How long does it take for me to receive my Liberian passport?
We estimate a waiting period of 3-6 weeks. The Consulate has to send all documents required for a Liberian Passport to Monrovia, Liberia
5. What documents do I have to attach/ needs to be brought in during my new Passport interview?
The following documents shall be enclosed with each application:
1. One photo on each form and one additional photo if photo was not uploaded at the time of applying
2. Proof of Liberian citizenship of applicant(s) (copy of old passport, or birth certificate, or refugee documents, I-94 form)
3. New Passport Application form
4. New Passport Payment Receipt
5. Original marriage certificate if applicant is married and wishes to apply said change of name
6. A stamped USPS return envelope
The Consulate General of the Republic of Liberia in New York announces the commencement of the issuance of the new Liberian Biometric e-Passport. The Consulate wishes to further inform that the new Liberian e-Passports are being processed in New York and Washington DC at the same price of USD205.00 each.
The new Liberian e-Passport booklet comes with advanced technology, which will no longer have a 2D bar-code, but rather a RFID microprocessor chip implanted in the booklet without the ability of detection by touch. In addition to all the modern electronic security, the physical security features of the new Liberian e-Passport have been upgraded. The aesthetic design has indigenous Liberian heritage symbols, from Liberian wildlife (pigmy hippopotamus, zebra antelopes) to Kissi coins and symbolic buildings, representations of both terrestrial landmarks and modern Liberia.
The new Liberian Biometric e-Passport meets all standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). The chip and antenna contained in the e-Passport are sensitive electronic devices. The new e-Passport will help prevent fraud and forgery in several ways, and Liberians can be even prouder to carry it with them. The Biometric Passport must not be bent to avoid damage to the electronic chip that stores your personal details. Passport holders are advised not to staple any document to their e-Passport, as this will damage the component and render the e- Passport invalid and unreadable.
Therefore, the Consulate urges all passport holders to protect their Passport and the chip from damage, and exposure to very high or very low temperatures, excess moisture, magnetic fields or microwaves.