The Laissez Passer is issued, ONLY if you are going to Liberia you cannot use it to go any other country.
Requirements for Laissez Passer (Travel Certificate)
1. Copy of Liberian Passport or I-94 Form or Refugee Documents.
2. Copy of Airline tickets or Itinerary (Please check with airline if Laissez Passer can be used to travel)
3. Two (2) recent color passport size photos. (must be taken in front of plain white background, please remove glasses, hats, or coverings, no sleeveless clothing)
4. A Completed Application Form.
Processing FEE of Seventy-five U.S Dollars ($75.00).
Payable in Money Order to Liberia Consulate.
Note: Applicants outside the United States need to purchase Money Order from an American- affiliated Bank
-Same day processing fees for documents is an additional Seventy Five U.S Dollars ($75) each.
(If dropped off before 12 pm, pick up is by 2-3 pm)
-Next day processing fees for documents is an additional Fifty U.S Dollars ($50) each.
For Canadian citizens, please be advised that we do not accept Canadian postal money orders
5. There is a waiting period of 5 working days for processing. NOTE: In Conjunction with our Embassy in Washington D.C. as of April 1, 2010, there’s an increase in expedition fees. The Fees are as follows: (1)Same Day Processing an additional $75.00 per document (Must submit in the morning before 12pm and please take note that pickup will be between 2-3 pm of the same day. If you submit after 12pm, pick up will be the next day), (2) Next Day Processing or less than 5 days an additional $50.00 per document.
6. If processing a laissez passer on behalf of an applicant, a signed authorization letter from the applicant stating name of person permitted to drop off/ pick up must be presented upon applying for said travel document.
As of March 3, 2008, all applicants need to make an appointment before coming to the office VIA e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (We will respond upon receiving your e-mail to confirm appointment) or by calling 1-212-687-1025 from 1:00PM to 2:30pm, Monday to Friday ONLY.
Applicants need not apply in person.
Note: Additional requirements for Minor (17 Yrs. Old and below)
A. Original Copy of Birth Certificate
B. Copy of Vaccination Records
C. Notarized letter from both parents requesting for the issuance of Laissez Passer (Travel Document) (Both parents must sign) If only one parent/guardian is traveling with minor, explain in the letter. If parent has full custody, attach copy of custody papers. If parents are not traveling with minor, state in letter who will be responsible for the minor (Attached copies of their passport and their (Itinerary/flight information)
D. Each parent must provide notarized letter in the event that one parent has travelled during the time of processing. If one parent has full custody, kindly attach original custody documents and provide original notarized letter.
E. If one parent is represented on the birth certificate, that parent must provide an original notarized letter requesting the issuance of Laissez Passer
Applicant who reside with in the United States of America and US territory must send/use a United States Postal Service (USPS) self-stamped addressed envelope (EXPRESS MAIL-$23.75) together with the requirements in order to ensure the return of the processed document(s).
All other countries including CANADA must use Pre-paid FEDEX service for us to use to return processed document(s).
NOTE: LAISSEZ PASSER CAN ONLY BE USED IF YOU ARE FLYING DIRECTLY TO LIBERIA.YOU CAN NOT RETURN TO THE UNITED STATES WITH A LAISSEZ PASSER.
Please note: The forms in this section require Adobe Reader. If you do not have it you may download it for free at Adobe.com.