A Birth Affidavit is issued to Liberian Citizens who have lost or misplaced their original Birth Certificate. Requirements for Birth Affidavit are as follows:
Birth Affidavit Requirements:
1. Proof of citizenship such as:
- a. Liberian passport.
- b. Refugee Documents.
- c. Notarized Letter form both parents certifying that you were born in Liberia or to Liberian parents
2. Two (2) passport size photos (plain white background, please remove glasses, hats, or coverings)
3. Completion of Application Form
4. Processing FEE of Seventy-five U.S Dollars ($75.00).
Payable in Money Order only to Liberia Consulate. For Canadian citizens, please be advised that we do not accept Canadian postal money orders
5. There is a waiting period of 5 working days for processing.
NOTE: In Conjunction with our Embassy in Washington D.C. as of April 1, 2010, there’s an increase in expedition fees. The Fees are as follows: (1) Same Day Processing an additional $75.00 per document (Must submit in the morning before 12pm and please take note pickup is between 2-3 of the same day. If you submit after 12pm, pick up will be the next day), (2) Next Day Processing or less than 5 days an additional $50.00 per document.
6. If processing a birth affidavit on behalf of an applicant, a signed authorization letter from the applicant stating name of person permitted to drop off/ pick up must be presented upon applying for said document.
As of March 3, 2008, all applicants need to make an appointment before coming to the office VIA e-mail at email@example.com (We will respond upon receiving your e-mail to confirm appointment) or by calling 1-212-687-1025 from 1:00PM to 2:30pm, Monday to Friday ONLY.
Applicants need not apply in person.
Applicant who resides with in the United States of America and US territory must send/use a United States Postal Service (USPS) self-stamped addressed envelope (EXPRESS MAIL- together with the requirements in order to ensure the return of the ready document(s).
All other countries including CANADA must use Pre-paid FEDEX service for us to use to return ready document(s).
Please note: The forms in this section require Adobe Reader. If you do not have it you may download it for free at Adobe.com.
DOWNLOAD HERE Birth Affidavit Application Form